Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tuesday October 12, 2005

Tuesday October 11, 2005 Zack slept until 7:45 when I woke him to eat and get dressed. As we were riding to Frazier East he told me, “That thing that Dad does woke me up”. I asked him what thing and he responded, “With his mouth”. “Do you mean snoring?” “Yeah, snoring”. We had to call Scott and tell him I now have proof of his snoring. We ride for a little bit and he asked me, “Did you get in trouble for not being at your thing last night?” I don’t know what thing he is talking about so he says, “You know that thing you go to everyday”. I figure out he is talking about work and I tell him no I didn’t get in trouble. I have a great boss and they understand. He responds, “That’s good”. He is not self centered like the information I read told me he could become after a brain injury. I am reminded again how many symptoms/phases I was warned about that Zack never went through or it was so mild we hardly noticed. He definitely hasn’t followed their typical recovery path and our only explanation is that God has taken him on a different path. Another way prayer has made an impact and the glory of God will be the focus. I walk him in and will be leaving him for the first time. He seems ready for it, tells me he loves me and walks away. I have to sit in my car quietly for a moment just thinking of how far we have come. I drive to work and make phone calls on his behalf. Trying to see if some meds can be discontinued (I really don’t think we need anything for blood pressure any more), scheduling the appointment to have his stitches removed (Thursday) and calling school to see if they have everything for the chapel program Thursday. Donna will pick Zack up today and bring him home. She arrives early and sits in on his P.T. assessment. As they prepare to leave Zack tells her he wants to show her something. He takes her to the community room and gets his empty lunchbox out of the refrigerator. He remembered on his own that he put it in there after lunch. She was very impressed. Once at home he grabs his pillow and blanket and heads down to his room for a nap. We have another meal together as a family (how wonderful) and prepare for visitors. Several of Zack’s friends come over to play pool. They discuss Junior Ring Ceremony and want to know if Zack will be able to come. Prior to his accident, when it was time to order class rings, Zack said he didn’t want one, he wouldn’t wear it, just give me the money. Now that I am not sure if he will graduate with the class of 2007 I am glad I didn’t order a ring. He asked one of the girls how far into the school year they are and then tells me he needs to “get finished this week”. I tell him he won’t be ready to go back to school for a while. He tells me he is going to work real hard and then puts his head in his hands. I tell him he could go to summer school and maybe catch up but it would be really hard. He says he’s got to do it. He really wants to get back to school and have a normal teenage life. As soon as the last visitor leaves Zack tells me he is ready for bed. It looks like fatigue will be the negative result of this injury, but as a mother of a teenager I don’t mind him being in bed every night at 9:30. We feel so blessed to have him at all. He is on the road to recovery and we thank everyone that has cheered us along the way. Your prayers and words of encouragement have been the fuel for our journey. Please continue to pray for complete recovery. Please pray that God will soon have Zack walking the halls at Christian Academy again. To God be the Glory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was GREAT to see zack sinse i hadnt seen him in such a long time! He looks amazing.. he has that sinse of humor he always did and still has a way to make everyone smile!!!! What really amazed me is how good he looks... hes still just as hott as he always was... wow what a great dancer he is too! I had soo much fun playing pool and watching him dance and sing. Im soo glad i came by to see him.. i am still praying for full recovery and i pray that one day he will share his testimony wiht many people. He has already changed soo many lives.


still praying..
kailey sharpe

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home