Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday October 26, 2005

Wednesday October 26, 2005 Zack woke up at 8:00 this morning because we forgot to set the alarm. We had to rush to get everyone fed and out the door in time for school so by the time Zack and I were on the road he was very concerned about being late. He told me again he needed to get his drivers license so that he would never have to be late. I have to remind myself that even though we may have this conversation every day about his driving, he doesn’t necessarily remember it. I know that Zack had Physical therapy, speech therapy and vision therapy today but his notes were difficult to understand (and of course he couldn’t explain it). I thought about calling Leslie (primary therapist) for an update but remembered that we have a team meeting tomorrow with his entire therapist. They will review his progress so far and give us some timelines. I don’t know if they will discuss when they expect him to be able to return to school but if you ask Zack he will tell you next week. On the way home Zack tells me he hasn’t kissed a girl in a long time. I told him it hasn’t been much more than 4 months ago and he said, “Mom that’s a really long time”. I puckered up but he told me that wasn’t the kind of kiss he wanted, not from his Mom. He was in a really good mood and had me laughing out loud several times. I told him he use to sing and dance all the time at Frasier Rehab and he said that he danced for them at school (he means Frasier East). He said he dances good and then wanted to know what I thought of his dancing. I told him he was a great dancer and also a good singer but I hadn’t heard him in a long time. He then proceeded to sing Amazing Grace and Better is One Day. He put his own funky style into it and again I was laughing. He told me he was tired and wanted to take a nap but he was also hungry. He decided he had to have a snack before his nap but as he finished his Pop Tart the doorbell rang. Andrew, Tiffany, Brittany and Kara came to play pool so he forgot all about his nap. We had to eat a quick dinner of left-overs before we were out the door heading for church. I needed to check Kyle into her class so I asked Dylan if he would make sure that Zack got to where he was going. Zack was offended so I asked him if he knew his home phone number (you need it to check into high school worship). He spouted it off and glared at me. He said he knew where to go and didn’t want Dylan following him around. I watched him walk in the door and realized that most people there knew him and if that wasn’t a safe place then I might as well lock him up. I checked Kyle into her class and was heading down to the atrium to find a quiet corner to work on my laptop when I ran into old friends from high school (well we are not that old). They asked how I had been and I realized that they had not heard about Zack. I found myself filling them in on his accident and recovery for the next hour and never opened my laptop. I wonder how many conversations I have a day that involve Zack. Scott said the same thing yesterday. He asked if I found myself talking about him all the time. It just seems like we have nothing more important to say than how God is healing Zack. There are so many reasons we can see why this accident happened and I am sure many more reasons we have yet to uncover. It would be a disservice to God not to tell everyone we meet of His mighty power and never ending grace. Thanks to everyone who continue to post stories of how Zack’s tragedy has touched someone they know. It enables us to feel the ripple effect through teenagers, parents, churches and strangers of answered prayers by an awesome God. God has promised “in all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37). Please pray for patience on Zack’s part to return to school and getting his drivers license. Pray that the vision therapy will make a drastic difference in his reading skills. Continue praying for complete recovery for God’s Glory.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you ....

8:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still continue to read the updates everyday, and I'm still amazed at Zack's progress.I have told so many people of the night I went to meet him at the hospital. I will never forget it and how much it meant to me! I continue to keep Zack and your family in my prayers!!! Thank you for faithfully updating the website and your inspirational words! If you ever get the "stay the course" ministry up and going, I would love to help in any way that I can!!!
Still praying!
Kristy Noland
kmndisney1@insightbb.com

9:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hornbacks. dropping by again to tell you all that i continue to pray and that you have impacted my life in such a major way i never thought possible. now i think about what decisions i am making instead of always living in the moment. thank you for showing me that that is waht i should be doing and not always going along with the crowd. well i love all of you still!!!! Overflowing love to you zack and your whole family.

~savannah linscott

3:59 PM

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, longchamp pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, nike air max, christian louboutin, louboutin pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses wholesale, polo outlet, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors pas cher, prada outlet, gucci handbags, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, nike roshe, jordan pas cher, nike free run, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, nike outlet, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, replica watches, uggs on sale

11:58 PM

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free uk, ray ban pas cher, guess pas cher, kate spade, ray ban uk, nike roshe run uk, new balance, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet online, north face, uggs outlet, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, burberry outlet, hogan outlet, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, nike blazer pas cher, hollister uk, michael kors, sac hermes, polo lacoste, nike tn, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online, nike air force, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, burberry handbags, coach outlet store online, nike air max, michael kors, oakley pas cher, lululemon canada, nike air max uk, nike air max uk, coach outlet, north face uk, mulberry uk

1:37 AM

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

iphone 6s cases, chi flat iron, ipad cases, north face outlet, hollister, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, nike air max, north face outlet, louboutin, baseball bats, insanity workout, iphone 6 plus cases, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, asics running shoes, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, p90x workout, nike roshe run, babyliss, timberland boots, nfl jerseys, iphone cases, lululemon, iphone 5s cases, ghd hair, iphone 6 cases, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, hollister clothing, beats by dre, reebok outlet, instyler, s6 case, oakley, bottega veneta, hermes belt, soccer shoes, herve leger, jimmy choo outlet, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, new balance shoes, nike trainers uk, iphone 6s plus cases, nike huaraches

1:40 AM

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, canada goose, swarovski crystal, canada goose, canada goose, karen millen uk, ray ban, coach outlet, wedding dresses, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, barbour, gucci, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, toms shoes, links of london, supra shoes, pandora charms, doudoune moncler, hollister, canada goose outlet, ugg, converse, replica watches, pandora jewelry, pandora uk, ugg uk, barbour uk, moncler uk, moncler outlet, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, moncler, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, vans, canada goose uk, thomas sabo, canada goose jackets, nike air max, converse outlet

1:42 AM

 
Blogger menna said...

صيانة عامة بأم القوين
تركيب انتر لوك بأم القوين
صباغ رخيص بأم القوين
تركيب سيراميك بأم القيوين

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home