Friday, December 16, 2005

Thursday December 15, 2005

Thursday December 15, 2005 Zack was up eating breakfast at 7:15 and in a good mood. On the way to Frazier East we were listening to the radio and talking about different songs. We hit stop-n-go traffic on Highway 42 and he started making up dancing in his seat. Before long I had joined in and the people in cars around us must have thought we were nuts. We were having a great time when Zack turned to me and said, “Mom I don’t want to go to school. I just want to ride around with you all day listening to music”. I told him I had to go to work and he said I wouldn’t get in trouble. He was trying so hard that I started to feel guilty about working but he smiled and said it was o.k. When I dropped him off he told me to have a great day, not to run over any chocolate moose and I love you. I was in a meeting a work when my cell phone rang at about 11:00. It was Zack asking “Wats up?” I was surprised and asked him what he was doing and he explained that he was waiting for someone else to get finished before it was his turn. Then he said he just called to tell me he loved me. I returned to my boss’s office with tears in my eyes feeling so blessed to have the son God has given us. Scott was picking him up from therapy today and I was anxious to get home to see him but he was already taking his nap. He woke up as I was cooking dinner and came in to say hello. He and Scott headed downstairs to play pool until dinner. I couldn’t help but think how lucky we were. I remembered driving home from work in silence looking at the cloud filled sky and asking God why he blessed us so much. This could have turned out so differently yet we truly live the scripture in Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” God truly can take any situation and (although you may not see it at the time) turn it into something good. It helps to look for the good, to wait expectantly for His timing. Please continue praying expectantly for Zack’s complete recovery.
Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him”.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you............

9:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love reading about your alls days and the things zack says, i find it so interesting that he forgets things we take for granted.like when he asked wheres the thing that takes the crap off my face. we just take it for granted that its the razor and he really cant think of it.i wonder if he feels confused at not remembering things like that. it sounds like he lives it well and keeps plugging on knowing God is bringing it all back to him.its neat to think that soon he will just take for granted that the razor is for shaving.no thought to it.i am learning how truley amazing our brain is.i really didnt know how amazing it is,i always took it for granted. now i relize what an extrodinarily miracle gift it is and how miracisly it works for us. thank you for sharing!

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hornbacks, Its so great to hear how well Zack is doing. Are there any more pictures of Zack? Im so glad that he is doing well. GOD IS AMAZING!

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home