Sunday, November 13, 2005

Saturday November 12, 2005

Saturday November 12, 2005 Zack got to sleep in this morning because he didn’t have to go to therapy. It was 8:00 before I got out of bed and Zack slept another hour. He was playing baseball on Nintendo and joking around with Dylan. After a while he put the lease on Toby and said he was taking him outside. I was working on the website when Dylan came looking for Zack. I told him he was out front with Toby. Dylan went to look for him but Zack was no where to be found. I started to panic. I had Dylan and Kyle both get on their bikes to look for him. About 15 minutes later Zack comes back with Kyle right behind him. He was surprised that I was worried and said, “I was just walking your dog” (apparently he walked all the way around the parkway). He asked me why I was worried and I told him I was afraid he would get lost and not be able to find our house. He laughed at me and said, “Mom, it’s my house, how could I get lost?” It all seems so simple to him. I tried to explain my reasoning but he thought I was being ridiculous. I told him again how worried we were when he was in the hospital that he would even live through the night and by the time I was finished tears were running down my face. He told me, “Don’t worry Mom. It will be alright. I’m not going to get lost”. It was after lunch and he decided it would be a good idea to take a nap before we had to leave for Dylan’s tennis match. When he woke up he was anxious to call some of his friends. He wanted to do something and I agreed that he could go to the movies. I figured if he wanted to go to the movies that badly then it wouldn’t matter if they went in late afternoon. Andrew had to be at work at 6:00 so he was happy to go to a 3:30 movie. We make arrangements to meet them there. I take Zack in to check out the situation and feel safe that he is with Andrew, Chris, Dan and Dani who have all been through his recovery with him. I warned his friends to keep him safe and go with the girls to Dylan’s tennis match. After the game I meet Zack and his friends at BW 3’s and all has worked out safely. We head to my friends house Donna Jaha who is having a birthday party for her oldest son. Rita (Scott’s Mom) has taken the girls home to spend the night with her so we invite Dani to go with us. Zack has the opportunity to play pool with a new group of guys at the Jaha’s and tries his hand at darts (he even gets a bulls eye). Tiffany joins us and after dinner we all head back to our house. We play pool and cards and Zack enjoys the company of his friends. He reminds me that I have to take him early to church in the morning because his service starts before mine. We will also go to the Vine (a contemporary worship service) on Sunday night and made plans to go to Dani’s house after the Vine. The girls that hang out with Zack are much more likely to run their plans by me first than the guys. They are all supported but the girls are more nurturing by nature. We are very blessed that Zack has such good friends and a wide circle of kids, many who go to other schools. They all have one thing in common…their faith. They all recognize that God has done miraculous things through prayer in Zack’s recovery. I pray that they will always appreciate how far God has brought Zack in a short period of time. I pray they will continue to support him so they can witness firsthand Gods power as evidenced through answered prayers. Please continue to pray for complete recovery for Gods Glory!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you............

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Zack! Stay the course and hold on to all the girls who love YOU like no others!!

4:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so great to hear how well Zack is doing..
GOD IS AWESOME..
ALWAYS PRAYING!

5:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hornbacks! Just want to let you know that we all continue to pray for Zack and the family daily. Kaitlyn and I have really enjoyed getting to know your family over the past several months. We have been so uplifted by your family's faith, and to witness the love and commitment from all of Zack's friends has been unbelievable! Zack is an amazing young man whom I have really grown to love! Thank you for sharing him with us all!! Love you, Karen

6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still continue to read this website and pray for him daily. Even though Zack is at home now it's nice to see how he has made a new transition into trying to be a normal teenager. I know he will continue to persevere through this journey. I'm so glad you continue to update his progress, it's still an amazing story, and such an inspiration to see God working through his life.
Romans 5:3-4
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, chaacter; and character, hope."
Psalm 37;4
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
May God continue to poor his amazing blessings on you, and may you feel his unfailing love each and every day!!
Still praying,
Kristy Noland
kmndisney1@insightbb.com

8:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey zack and family. i am reading this post today and i just think how fortunate we all are including zack. you are blessed by God and are here for a purpose. always remember that He has a plan for your life greater than you can imagine, Zack. i hope and pray that you continue to heal. i love you soooo much zack and hornback family. you guys are so wonderful. thank you for keeping me updated.
love you zack.

~savannah linscott

9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Zachary....stay strong!!!

11:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zAchArAaAAaAYyYYYYy!! i LovE yoUuUuu!!!! staY sTrOnG!!

1:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zach! I want you to know you are walking proof of God's great power! It's awesome to hear of how great your doing... your in my prayers!
~Katie G.

7:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think all the hornbacks are awesome! i am in the 8th grade w/ dylan and i was at the chapel service where Ms. Hornback spoke. you all rock!!

7:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home