Monday, November 14, 2005

Sunday November 13, 2005

Sunday November 13, 2005 Zack and the rest of us slept as little later. I had taken a shower and was getting ready to go downstairs to make breakfast when Zack walked into the bedroom and told me he was glad I was awake because he didn’t want to be late for church. I told him I would make him breakfast but he said he had already eaten cereal.
As we drove to church we saw the police directing traffic. Zack asked me if they went to church and I told them some of them do. He said that was good and that we need more black people at our church. He told me one of his best friends (Rick Thompson) was black and he was cool and nice and loved Jesus. He couldn’t wait to see Rick again when we go to Nashville for the concert because he knew that Rick would dance. After church I had to go to Sam’s so Dylan and Zack went with me. He had asked to go to Tiffany’s soccer game but he decided he was really tired and would rather go home and take a nap. He didn’t want to be too tired to go to the Vine tonight. We met several of his friends at church and he wanted to be sure I wasn’t sitting right with them. By the time we all piled into the pew, along side other friends, I was in the row behind him. I love watching him in church now because he sings with such joy and lifts up his hand. He would have not done that prior to the accident, be that “into” the worship. After church we were going to Dani’s, one of his friends houses and I had to explain why I didn’t want Zack riding in the car with Andrew and Trey (too many distractions for a young driver carrying my precious cargo). We compromised and I let him ride alone with Dani while I followed behind them. At Dani’s Zack kept telling me he was going to take his drivers test tomorrow. He insists that he should be able to drive now that he is 16. I told him if he took the test and past it and then took the driving course and past it, then he could get his permit and drive. Then I reminded him that he had to get his therapist to write a note saying he was ready to take the test. He said, “Basically I messed up my head so now I can’t drive”. We have had this conversation many times but he still insists that he could ace the test and he is going to drive. When we arrive at home he tells me he is going to get on the computer. I put the kids to bed and Zack comes up to Kyle’s room dancing around. He tells us that he invited Kara to the Winter Ball and she said yes. He said he was going to look real good in a tux and his hair would be grown back. He tells me goodnight and heads to bed a happy guy. Our new normal is pretty good. We are blessed each day Zack is with us. We have little battles (wanting to drive) but what parents don’t? Every parent has issues to deal with ours are just a little more unique. We have a joy that passes all understanding and that alone is worth the price. Pray for wisdom for every parent of a teenager. Pray for complete recovery!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eileen, I am just checking to make sure you can leave a comment. I'll look at your most recent post as well.

Tim

6:37 PM

 
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

coach outlet store online
moncler soldes
moncler coats
nike roshe run shoes
coach outlet online
canada goose sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
gucci outlet online
coach outlet store online clearances
nike outlet
2016.12.21xukaimin

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home